– Corner Manchester and Lichfield Streets

My brother, his partner, 5 week old daughter and myself were walking down the street towards the bus heading to Mosgiel when me and my brother were slammed through a glass window and the building came down on top of us crushing my foot and my brothers legs and we were unsure at that point where Kelsey and Taneysha went to.

After I was rescued from the building I was taken to a triage centre in Moorhouse Ave and was then sent home with a GP and told to go and get x-rays the following day. My brother was then taken to Christchurch hospital and had his legs plastered with still no news on his partner or baby daughter. The next day my parents travelled up from Dunedin to pick me up and to make sure my brother was coping OK. I went and had my x-rays at Canterbury Radiology and was then sent away, on the way back to Dunedin I recieved a call saying when I returned to Dunedin I should go into the hospital just for a check-up and to make sure everything was ok, my parents dropped me off at the hospital and were going back up to Christchurch to help with the search for Kelsey and Taneysha and they told me to give my sister a call when I was ready to go home that day.

After being looked at by the specialist in Dunedin I was then admitted to Dunedin hospital because they picked up that I had an infection in my foot. After 2 days my brother got a transfer to Dunedin hospital so we could both be together and for family to visit. After a few days we got the news that Kelsey and Taneysha had passed away and Glenn got out of hospital a day later, the day before their funerals. I was allowed out of hospital on leave to attend there funerals and was then to return back to have skin grafts done on my foot, After coming home from the funerals I returned to the hospital and had the skin grafts done and 2 weeks later I was able to go home, before I could go home I had to go to fracture clinic for them to put a plaster cast on to keep my foot straight, I had to attend fracture clinic every week from then for them to change the cast and check and make sure the skin graft was going to take. I finally had the cast removed last friday and my foot is still not straight, I have been in and out of A and E with many difficulities since this happened and now I have been put into physio and left to walk on the side of my foot because I can’t walk flat on it. I still have pain in my foot I know that it isn’t comfortable for me to walk flat on my foot or even get it to a position where my foot is straight is also painful.

Tell your story Report this story

Report this Story as Inappropriate

If you've noticed any inappropriate content in this story or feel that the story contains privacy violations, please fill out the form below.

We'll review your report and remove information that is in violation of our policies.

We'll only use your email address to let you know about the result of your report.